Friday, October 30, 2009

Go Shorty, its your birthday!




And in recognition of the fact that I was born 29 years ago, I would like us all to take a moment; bow your head, and clearly chant:


Go shorty, it's your birthday!

We gon' party like it's your birthday!


We gon' sip on Bacardi like it's your birthday!


And you know we don't give a *(edited for content...)*, it's not your birthday!




Thank you 50 Cent for your stirring rendition of the Birthday Song.





Now, in the same spirit of song I would like to introduce you to a little segment I'm going to call: 


Music Friday! 


or I could call it Lyrical Fridays. And the use of Friday isn't exclusive, we could play on any day that ends in "Y." 




Anywho, the whole point of the game is to "Name that Song!" I am gonna give some lyrics and you tell me what song it is from. Ready??

1. No time to search the world around, cause you know where I’ll be found….


2. Breaking my back just to know your name; seventeen tracks and I’ve had it with this game.

3. The space between the tears we cried is the laughter keeps us coming back for more.



4. I know its hard on a rainy day you just want to shut the world out and just be left alone

5. I watched her for awhile but I didn’t like her walk. Came across kinda cheap to me, but hey, how’s that my fault?


6. I’ve got two miles till he makes bail and if I’m right we’re going straight to hell.


7. I’m two quarters and a heart down, and I don’t want to forget how your voice sounds. These words are all I have, so I write them. See, I need them just to get by.


8. We didn’t have money for food or rent, to say the least we were hard pressed. Then Momma spent every last penny we had to buy me a dancing dress.


9. Now when we first met, you promised we’d get a house on a hill with a pool.  Well, this trailer stays wet, and we’re swimming in debt. Now you want me to go back to school.





10. You come in with your come- on’s you don’t fight fair, that’s okay, see if I care. Knock me down it’s all in vain; I get right back on my feet again.

Man, this is fun. I have some crazy music on my phone. We might need to repeat every Friday just to get in the mood for the weekend. Maybe we can call it “Crazy Music Friday”, or “Guess What B-Dub Was Listening to This Morning.” Oh, how about “Random Thoughts From The Shuffle.” 


Holy Cow, some Primus just came on. Have you ever heard “Amos Moses?” Well, let me expand your horizon. Please keep your hands and feet inside until the ride comes to a complete stop. And remember, if you don’t like it blame Charley. He downloaded it. Oh, yeah, And Enjoy the Ride!




Stay tuned tomorrow for the answers to the quiz!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love me some fiddy cent. I sang that song to my daughter who turned 3 last week and she said it wasn't a very cool song, ugh kids! :)

    ReplyDelete