* First and foremost, I need to give a HUGE thanks to blogy friend Katy for sending Littlest some hair bows. This about sums up her reaction:
Sorry for the creepy red-eye, being lazy today...
* Overheard some kids today, and by kids I mean 14 year old boys, giving advice to each other.
Boy one: "Dude, did you know if you shave your legs it makes your calf muscles grow BIGGER??"
Boy two: "Are you freakin serious?!? Think my Mom will notice if I borrow her razer?"
For this, I have no words. To my Oldest. Yes, yes I will notice if you use my razer, and I will not be happy.
* I paid off TWO credit cards today!!!!! Best feeling EVER, till I looked at the bank account and saw that it was running low.
*To cheer myself up I went and bought a camera. Kinda not quite with the whole "get out of debt plan" but I had to send my other one to Charley in Afghanistan and I seriously felt vulnerable without one. I bought a Canon Power Shot SD 980 IS. Doesn't mean anything to you? Yeah, me neither. But its PRETTY!!
*Charley called and told me he had a dream where we were video conferencing and suddenly my new boyfriend came up and kissed me on the cheek. First of all, I lovingly reminded him, he is married to a freakin hermit who can't seem to leave the Log Cabin without experiencing some sort of embarrassing kid moment. Second of all, my new BFF is a 7 ft tall Trany. His response? "I think I really like your new BFF, has she given you any cool makeup advice?" Me: "... .... ..... Are you sure you aren't gay?"
* This one is for real B-Dubbers, I need your advice! When you go and pick up Chinese food do you tip the guy? I never know what to do! Right there on the receipt that I have to sign is a spot for a tip, but I just drove my happy self and two punks all the freakin way over here to pick it up!!! Today I did not leave a tip. And the old man scowled. Oh how he scowled. Do you tip when you get take out?
* I had an e-mail from my FRG (Family Readiness Group, for those who don't speak Army) lady today. And I quote:
"Please be aware: One of our Soldiers received an unsolicited email from
someone who knew her husband had deployed and offered a "discrete
relationship." ...be wary of anyone offering unsolicited services - some
criminals like to try to determine whose husbands are deployed so they
can target these families."
To which I replied "Some ladies have all the luck." Just got her response. "You ARE kidding right?"
Further, I am an excellent shot with my Matilda, and should she run out of ammo I can always use her as a club. So go ahead Doers of Evil, try and make it past my front door.
* We have too many guns. But Fairy Princess Barbie loves them, so they stay. And really, any of them would be useful if someone tried to break in. Too bad for me they are up and outta reach of small hands. Probably, I should practice getting them down and loaded just in case I actually need to one day.
Anyone still here??? Whew, you are one of the few who actually made it through this randombloggery! And here's a teaser for you: I think my dog is trying to take over the world, one possessed picture at a time. More tomorrow.