Thursday, September 10, 2009

There is still some good in this world Mr. Frodo

Yesterday tragedy struck at our house. Between punk #1 and punk #2 there was some confusion as to where the dogs were in relation to the open gate in the back yard. So we did what anyone else would do: We hollered at the top of our lungs for a few fun trips walking around the neighborhood. We loaded into the familymobile and drove through all adjoining neighborhoods, while still hollering of course. We enlisted the help of relatives whom, I am sure, drove through the very same neighborhoods while hollering out their window. There was a lot of hollering. And I think all the neighbors know the dog's names. Just so you don't feel left out- CHUBACA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  STRYKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew, enough hollering ya'll!

The dogs did not respond. I put the kids to bed, still no dogs. We woke up, still no dogs. I made a plan, and it was gonna work daggum it. I had already called Animal Control, no dice. Well, Chubaca has a seizure disorder and can't go without his medicine for more than a day with out having some- so I figured I would call all the veterinarians and animal hospitals within a 20 mile radius and see if anyone had brought in a huge ol' fat lug of a dumb brown dog who couldn't function cause it looked like he was gonna shake his self to pieces. No dice. Nada.

By now Bert, my sis, was in her minivan, driving around, hollering out her window looking for the two renegades. I was placing a call to another animal hospital. My call-waiting started beeping at me. Animal Controll! Whoot! And yes, someone had called in saying they found two stupid dogs that matched my two stupid dog's description, and would I like her number? Heck YEAH!

Here's to you Brooks, a true American Hero, for finding my two stupid dogs. And being honest enough to try and find their owner and not keep them for yourself. Or even if you just realized the grocery bill associated with a 97 lb lump of Lab would bankrupt you, ya know, that's okay too. You returned his fab flab self to his heartbroken boy. The same boy who cried to 2 solid hours last night before bed. You let "Strikey" enjoy another day being pestered to pieces by a rambunctious 3 year old. You have restored some faith "that there is still good in this world, and its worth fighting for."

"Now we finally understand each other, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things."

Sorry, I just love LOTR- thats Lord of The Rings, ya know- Tolkien. Its a book, and a movie.......

No comments:

Post a Comment