Monday, October 5, 2009

Greek Myths; Not for Kids.

What should you say when your nine year old punk comes up to you and asks "What is an incestuous relationship?"



Ummmm; WHERE THE HECK TO YOU LEARN THAT TERM! I SWEAR CHILD YOU WILL NEVER WATCH CARTOONS EVER AGAIN! OR READ BOOKS- YES BOOKS ARE OUT! AND YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN CHECK YOU E-MAIL! TECHNOLOGY IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

And he replies, "But Momma, I was just watching that show on Greek Myths that goes with the stuff we are doing in school. YOU told me to watch it! Don't take away my e-mail!!! It wasn't my fault!"

And then I did some deep breathing. Or as some would call it "hyperventalating." Oh History Channel. I feel betrayed and abandoned in my hour of homeschooling need! Why would you turn your back on me so? Why?



Then I asked my punk what he thought it was, and he "had no clue" so I sent him off for the dictionary. The very same dictionary that we use every single day during school. I was full of confidence. He returned:

Punk: Momma it isn't in the dictionary
Me: Are you sure? You checked alphabetically?
Punk: Duh Momma, I know how to use a dictionary.
Me: Well, then, umm, I guess you misunderstood what they said on the TV show. Perhaps next time we watch that show when hell freezes over  we can figure out what it was really saying. (Insert smug paternal grin!)
Punk: Geesh Momma, you don't have to treat me like I am a baby or anything..... Oh, can I still play the Wii?
Me: Sure, in fact why don't I get it set up for you. You can play with your sister!
Punk: GROAN!!!!

Ah ha! I won that one History Channel! Now excuse me while I go re-write all the Greek Myths, Homer isn't the only one with a pen around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment