Thursday, February 4, 2010

Been there Done that

My In-Laws have been here all week. It's been fantastic! We went and lost ourselves in Nashville, we drove all over The Land Between the Lakes park, and today Mom-in-law and I went to a fabric store. I love having someone here to go exploring with!

It hasn't been all fun and games as we found out yesterday that Charley will be leaving for Afghanistan earlier then expected. We only have about two more weeks together. Ug. But, like I promised earlier, I won't spend all my time complaining about it. Life is what it is, and this isn't our first rodeo, or even our second. This will  be Charley's third deployment. Any who, no complaining. Maybe if I remind myself enough I will actually be able to stick to it.

You guys are in for a treat though. I come from a long line of crazies you see, and the TrueFather-aka Captain Normal- aka my Dad- has agreed to a guest post. I will have it up tomorrow (I hope). So come on back and check him out. Perhaps you will leave thinking I am the normal one in the family, something I have been saying for years but no one believed me! Or perhaps you will think the nut hasn't fallen far from the tree. Either way, it should be a good ride!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the guest post, how cool!
    Sucky about the earlier deployment...glad you are all able to hang out a bunch these next couple of weeks though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where I'd be if I hadn't gotten kicked out in basic training back in 94.... hmmm
    At any rate I think it's awesome that you get along with your in-laws.
    I wish there was a good fabric store nearer to me... I'm needing me some plaid for a kilt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see someone blogging about enjoying time with their in laws.
    Shame Charley is leaving sooner than expected.
    And I'm looking forward to the guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you had such a nice time with your in-laws! Many thanks to your husband for all he does for our country!

    ReplyDelete