Friday, November 13, 2009

It's a First People!!

Yesterday, and I know I'm batty, I decided to apply for a writing position with this online magazine that shall remain nameless. And they said no. And it was my very first writing rejection. And it stung, just a little bit.

And then my kids smothered me with WAY too much attention and I forgot all about it. Until today when I logged into my e-mail and there it was. My first rejection letter. Sitting there. Ug.

But then something happened to brighten my day- I received my first BLOGGER AWARD!!!!!!! Yeah! Someone likes me! They really like me! Or at least my tales of traveling across the US with two kids and a stinky dog make them so grateful that it isn't happening to them that they feel no other option but to give me awards. What can ya do?

So thank-you Mommy's Time! I love it! And it made my day; what online stupid magazine rejection letter? I am the recipient of this lovely Lemonade Stand Award. Because the internet recognizes my attitude and gratitude!

lemonadestandaward

Do you know a blogger with attitude or gratitude? Why not make their day by offering this lovely Lemonade Stand Award? Here's how it works:

- Put the Lemonade Stand Logo on your blog, or within your post
- Nominate 10 blogs with great attiude and gratitude.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

And my Nominees are"



Again, Thanks so much for recognizing my attitude. Cause lets face it. We all know I've got one!


4 comments:

  1. Awww..thanks so much! I am going to write an "all in one" acceptance speech for the awards I won this week and am posting it tomorrow. You'll be included in that post for this award. So thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You are right I was glad it wasn't happening to me! But I did drive 13 hours with two kids under 5, my hubby and my mom. So I feel your pain a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, thanks B-Dub!! I would like to thank God and the academy and my family....okay whatever, you rock too sista! :)

    P.S. That magazine made a big mistake...HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a first time visitor to your space

    i don't think i've seen the lemonade stand award - congrats to you and thanks for the list of blogs! i had a great time checking them all out

    ReplyDelete